Inter manager Antonio Conte is reportedly on the lookout for a new left-back.
The former Chelsea boss’s search is said to have turned to the Premier League, with rumours regarding at least two targets.
The Telegraph state that the Serie A side are currently “leading the race” to try and sign Marcos Alonso, with the Spanish defender falling out of favour under Frank Lampard.
Emerson Palmieri has also been linked with an exit, and indeed Inter, previously, and has edged Alonso out of the starting XI, though his place is not secure either.
Click to play
Tap to play
The video will start in8Cancel
With the introduction to the team of Reece James this season, Lampard has also utilised Cesar Azpilicueta’s flexibility to deploy the defender on the left side.
Lampard could therefore sell one of his current left-backs, with the report stating that he will try to use any funds gained to fuel a move for Bournemouth defender Nathan Ake.
Ake is available for £40million to Chelsea in January, but they would apparently face competition from a number of clubs, including Arsenal, Manchester City, Spurs and Everton.
And now Italian journalist Fabrizio Romano has reported what could be a blow for Chelsea’s transfer strategy, with the news that Inter are also in talks with Manchester United over a potential deal for Ashley Young.
The Serie A side are said to be “in advanced talks” for United’s club captain, with their transfer negotiators having a good relationship following deals in the summer for Romelu Lukaku and Alexis Sanchez.
Young is said to be ready to accept a deal, and Conte apparently “wants him strongly”.
The former Aston Villa winger was not in United’s squad for the Carabao Cup tie against rivals Manchester City at Old Trafford on Tuesday night, with the Manchester Evening News reporting that he is not currently injured.
The 34-year-old has been…