Might we actually see Chelsea complete a transfer deal before the actual deadline day?
Well, we can all but hope!
Chelsea have agreed personal terms with Lyon striker Moussa Dembele, according to some reliable reports including reporter Duncan Castles, who revealed it on his transfer podcast last night.
• Dembele agrees personal terms for Chelsea move
• Will Man Utd intervene?
• Maddison’s stratospheric valuation, have Utd missed the boat?
• Can Newcastle land Giroud?
• Will Zaha get out of Crystal Palace?
• Ole G Eternal Optimism awardhttps://t.co/XNEZNYYJDp pic.twitter.com/RfdKOYkiKM
— Duncan Castles (@DuncanCastles) January 8, 2020
Of course, there are no reports of a fee being agreed between the two clubs as of yet, and Lyon remain adamant that their star man is not for sale. These hard ball claims are only natural during these types of negotiations.
It looks like personal terms have been agreed so that if and when a fee is agreed, everything else can happen very fast.
It’s now all about agreeing a fee, and Chelsea could reportedly look to offer Olivier Giroud as a makeweight in the deal in the hope this will sway the decision in their favour.
This is certainly one rumour gathering real legs…