in

Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas delivers new Moussa Dembele transfer update amid Chelsea links

Moussa Dembele continues to dominate the January transfer window agenda.

Chelsea are keen to bolster their attacking options this month to ease the burden on Tammy Abraham’s shoulders and Dembele has been among a number of names to be linked with a move to Stamford Bridge.

Lyon have repeatedly said that Dembele is not for sale and he will remain with the French club this month, but the rumours refuse to die down.

President Jean-Michel Aulas told RMC earlier this month: “We have not changed our minds. We already made this issue clear in August.

Video Loading

Video Unavailable

Click to play
Tap to play

The video will start in8Cancel

Play now

“Moussa is an excellent player. A player who we need. We are taking explicit measures in our recruitment to not bring someone in who will compete for his position.

“It is not a question of money. Moussa will be with us.”

However, Lyon confirmed the signing of Karl Toko Ekambi from Villarreal on loan until the end of the season this week and that has led to further speculation that he could be a replacement for the outgoing Dembele.

Dembele has notched 12 goals in 27 appearances in all competitions for Lyon this season, but they are languishing in seventh place in the table, a whopping 20 points adrift of league leaders Paris Saint-Germain and in a real battle to qualify for the Champions League next season.

Chelsea and Manchester United continue to be linked with a transfer this month, but Aulas continues to bat speculation away.

Speaking on Tuesday he said: “We want to keep Moussa Dembele and Lucas Tousart. For me, they will both stay. Now is not the time to weaken.”

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Loading…

0

Comments

0 comments