Chelsea are reportedly planning a second bid for Lyon striker Moussa Dembele having seen a £34million offer rejected earlier this month.
Blues boss Frank Lampard is keen to strengthen his attacking options, and may be even more inclined to do so after Tammy Abraham was helped off the pitch after the draw with Arsenal on Tuesday.
Michy Batshuayi and Olivier Giroud have both struggled when given chances under Lampard this season.
Chelsea have regularly been linked with a move for Dembele and are believed to have had a bid rejected for the 23-year-old earlier this month.
But Get French Football News have claimed that Chelsea still have Dembele in their sights and will make another bid during this month’s transfer window.
Transfer expert Ian McGarry recently revealed that Chelsea’s priority is to sign a striker to help top scorer Abraham.
“They have been linked with many, many players in this January window,” McGarry said on the Transfer Window Podcast.
“So far Frank Lampard, who of course is operating in his first transfer window as Chelsea manager and certainly his experience at Derby County is going to be a lot different in terms of finances available and quality of players that he would be looking at, has resisted the opportunity to dive into the market and just basically sign the first player who comes up.
Moussa Dembele has attracted attention from both Chelsea and Man United
“We know that the first priority for Lampard is a striker who can back up Tammy Abraham.
“That is a position as I’ve said that they’re yet to fill, indeed it looks like Olivier Giroud will go to Inter Milan leaving only Michy Batshuayi as the recognised senior back-up to Abraham – there is transfer interest in Batshuayi as well.
Today’s top football stories on Daily Star
“The second priority is a centre-half, he wants someone who can command a defence which has looked…