Lille boss Christophe Galtier has broken his silence surrounding the transfer rumours around Boubakary Soumare.
Chelsea and Manchester United have taken a strong interest in the midfielder after a fine season in Ligue 1 this campaign.
Both clubs have sent scouts to watch the 20-year-old, who has also attracted attention from Paris St-Germain and Barcelona.
But a move to the Premier League has been heavily touted this month, though Galtier has insisted that he has no knowledge of any negotiations.
“I don’t know. About Bouba Soumare, I don’t know,” he said in the pre-match press conference.
+++ TRANSFER NEWS LIVE +++
“No-one’s told me anything about his situation, maybe it won’t. I don’t know.
“He wants to play and fight with the other players to win on Sunday. That’s certain.”
It comes after Blues boss Frank Lampard seemed to indicate that a raid could be explored in the summer.
“I’m aware of him as a player but he’s not on my radar for this window, to be fair.
Boubakary Soumare has had a fine season with Lille
“We played against them and I know he’s a good player but that’s one that’s not on the immediate radar, albeit he’s a good player. But he’s another club’s player.”
A midfielder has been high on Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s wish list, however, with a number of injuries at Old Trafford.
Scott McTominay and Paul Pogba are currently out and Soumare, a more defensive-minded player, would help solidify the midfield.
Meanwhile, a transfer pursuit over Bruno Fernandes is still ongoing.
Today’s top football stories on Daily Star
The Sporting midfielder has been targeted as a more attacking signing at United, though there were hiccups over the deal last week.
But there has been a breakthrough after a key agreement over some of the finer details was found.
It will come as a huge relief to United fans, who…