Chelsea are reportedly already making plans for the summer transfer window.
Having opted against bolstering the squad during last month, it would a massive surprise if there is not one or two new faces arriving through the door at Stamford Bridge ahead of the 2020/2021 season.
One name who will almost certainly be linked with a move to west London is Borussia Dortmund winger Jadon Sancho.
Click to play
Tap to play
The video will start in8Cancel
Reportedly valued at around the £100m mark, bringing the England international to Stamford Bridge this summer would take a huge chunk out of Frank Lampard’s transfer budget.
However, there is a cheaper alternative.
Jeremie Boga, who joined Serie A side Sassuolo for £2.7m a couple of years ago is said to be attracting interest from his former club, Barcelona as well as several clubs from around Europe.
Amid talk that Chelsea can resign Boga for €15m (£12.7m), it has been confirmed by Sassuolo CEO Giovanni Carnevalli that the Blues do have a buy-back option on the 23-year-old.
Although, it would appear the agreement is only valid until June.
“Chelsea can redeem him in June,” he said, as per Tuttomercatoweb – via Sport Witness.
“We have excellent relationships with them, we met them with them before Christmas also for other operations, because we like it as we did with Barcelona, to have a collaborative relationship.
“They can take him back, but we can also do an operation together, we can take him back, there is total openness.”
Boga is certainly enjoying a new lease of life in Italy as this season he’s netted six goals and weighed in with three assists in 21 Serie A appearances.
But is a return to Stamford Bridge on the cards?
Well, our friends at the Mirror claim that Chelsea chief Marina Granovskaia is set to meet the Sassuolo president for talks on Wednesday regarding whether they want to…