Hakim Ziyech breaks silence on Chelsea transfer with Instagram message to fans

Hakim Ziyech has issued a message following the confirmation of his summer transfer to join Chelsea from Ajax when the season comes to a close.

The Morocco international will become a Chelsea player at the start of July, with the two clubs confirming on Thursday that a £33.5m agreement had been reached.

Ziyech will become Frank Lampard’s first signing at Chelsea, following the transfer ban last summer and the frustrations that the Blues endured during the recent January transfer window.

Big things are expected of Ziyech following his starring performances for Ajax in recent years but the 26-year-old has stated he has ‘unfinished business’ in the months ahead.

“Happy to be fit again so I can enjoy these last months on the pitch, where I belong,” he posted on Instagram.

“Received a lot of warm and positive messages during my absence and I hope to create just a few more beautiful memories than we already have. Very happy with my next step, but first I have some unfinished business to handle.”

Ziyech won a domestic double with Ajax last season and reached the Champions League semi-finals, while he is now aiming to defend that league crown and lift the Europa League in Gdansk.

Read More
Related Articles
Read More
Related Articles

Ajax manager Erik ten Hag has said that he is pleased the Dutch side have retained the Moroccan international until the end of the campaign.

Speaking to Fox Sports before Ajax’s 3-0 KNVB Cup victory over Vitesse Arnhem on Wednesday, he said: “Ziyech to Chelsea? A transfer was coming, we expected it to happen.

“And I actually already expected this one or two years earlier. And each time it was: ‘Wow, he stayed again’.

“We are just happy that we will still have him until the end of the season.”