Everton boss Carlo Ancelotti will be back in the dugout at Stamford Bridge this weekend as his side face Chelsea.
The Italian’s return to the dugout at Stamford Bridge as an opposing manager had been in doubt after he faced a possible touchline ban, having been shown a red card by referee Chris Kavanagh after remonstrating with the match officials following Everton’s 1-1 draw with Manchester United at Goodison Park last weekend.
After the game, Ancelotti spoke out about the decision to show him a red card, adding that in his opinion, he had not disrespected Kavanagh and did not feel he deserved to be sent off.
“The goal they could allow as a goal,” he said, speaking to BBC Radio 5 Live.
Click to play
Tap to play
The video will start in8Cancel
“But the decision was different. It was a difficult decision in my opinion. I asked for an explanation, but he said now was not the moment and I had to go.
“I spoke to him calmly in the referee’s room earlier, but now the report will go to the FA and we will see what happens.”
Ancelotti will not be banned for the game against Chelsea this weekend though, with the FA confirming the details of his punishment.
In a statement, the FA have confirmed that Ancelotti has been fined £8,000 for a breach of FA Rule E3 during the Premier League fixture against Manchester United.
The statement, published via social media, reads: “The Everton FC manager admitted that his language and/or behaviour on the field of play at the end of the fixture amounted to improper conduct and also accepted the standard penalty.”
Ancelotti was angered by a late VAR decision that went against his team, with Everton having an injury time winner controversially ruled out following a review by the video assistant referee.
He was subsequently charged with misconduct by the FA and given until 6pm today (Thursday) to respond.
The former Chelsea boss has…