Callum Hudson-Odoi tested positive for COVID-19 this week.
He was the second confirmed case in the Premier League after Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta was also confirmed to have tested positive for coronavirus.
It led to the partial closure of Chelsea’s training facility in Cobham and players going into self-isolation.
The entire Premier League has been suspended for the next three weeks as a result of the outbreak, with no football due to take place before April 3.
The pandemic has killed 21 people in the UK so far, with the number of positive tests rising dramatically in the last two days.
But what happens next at Chelsea?
Click to play
Tap to play
The video will start in8Cancel
The players are expected to return to Cobham on Monday, following the scare.
Goalkeepers coach Christophe Lollichon opened up on the issue in an interview with the Late Football Club, as per Get France Football News .
He said: “Things started a little bit earlier [in the week], because there was a suspicion, there was an employee who was working at the training centre, who had symptoms that came quite close to that of coronavirus.
“When I arrived on Thursday morning, I was quickly told to head back home. We weren’t allowed to go to the training centre, training was cancelled as well.
“In theory, those due to be at the training centre to work [on Saturday], should be allowed to be there.
“The training centre has been completely disinfected. We don’t have the training schedule yet. There will be nothing this weekend, then decisions will be made at the beginning of next week, to know what planning will be put in place for training. No decision has been made yet.”