Callum Hudson-Odoi on overcoming coronavirus and fighting for Euro 2020 England spot | Football News

By Calum Wilson

Last Updated: 01/04/20 6:39pm

Callum Hudson-Odoi had mild symptoms of coronavirus last month but is ‘feeling perfect’ now

Callum Hudson-Odoi is itching to get playing again after fighting off coronavirus and is already targeting a place in the England squad for the postponed Euro 2020 Championships.

The Chelsea winger received a positive diagnosis of coronavirus in March, becoming the first Premier League player to contract the virus.

After suffering only mild symptoms, Hudson-Odoi was quick to reassure fans he was on the mend and says that after three weeks of resting at home, following football’s widespread shutdown, he is back to full fitness.

Speaking to Chelsea’s official website, Hudson-Odoi said: “I am feeling perfect. I had the virus which has cleared now. I fully feel good, I feel fit, so I am feeling back to myself so it is all good.

The Chelsea winger has thanked those who sent messages of support following his coronavirus diagnosis

“I had it [coronavirus] three weeks ago now I think, on a Monday when I felt a bit hot. The next day I was feeling back to normal. I thought it was just a minor temperature thing, but obviously it wasn’t.

“Everyone has been asking me how I have been which has been class from them.

“It has been very warming and a good feeling to know you have got your team-mates behind you, backing you and making sure you are feeling well and encouraging you.”

The 19-year-old is excited to make up for lost time on the pitch, but has urged football fans to be patient and follow the government’s guidelines…