The 31-year-old Brazil international’s current contract at Stamford Bridge expires on June 30
Last Updated: 05/04/20 11:35pm
Willian joined Chelsea from Anzhi Makhachkala in August 2013
Willian says it is “unlikely” he will sign a new contract to remain at Chelsea beyond the summer.
The Brazil international, who previously revealed he was holding out for a three-year extension with Chelsea only offering two-year terms, is out of contract at the end of June.
Willian has vowed to see out the 2019-20 season at Chelsea, who rejected a series of bids from Barcelona in 2018 for the 31-year-old.
Speaking to Fox Sports show Expediente Futebol, Willian said: “I’ve built something fantastic at Chelsea.
“I’m especially fond of the fans and the people that work there, and I’ve felt very settled.
“Everyone knows my contract is up in a few months and it looks like it’ll be difficult to secure an extension. I think it’s unlikely that I’ll renew because Chelsea offered me a two-year deal, I asked for three and it ended there.
“There were no more talks or negotiations. Chelsea said that three years would be impossible, so at the moment it seems unlikely that I’ll extend, but nothing is impossible.
Willian has scored seven goals under Frank Lampard this season
“We don’t know what might happen. We might suddenly reach an agreement, but what I can say today is that my contract is up and I’ll be free to negotiate with any club.”
Willian has been at Chelsea for seven years, winning two Premier League titles and also lifting the FA Cup, League Cup…