Here are the Chelsea evening headlines on Tuesday, April 14.
Good news in Chelsea’s Sancho pursuit
Reports in German publication Bild state that Borussia Dortmund have made a £35 million bid for Valencia winger Ferran Torres.
This would be good news for Chelsea who remain very interested in signing England international Jadon Sancho from the German club.
It is believed any move for Torres would be an indicator that Dortmund expect Sancho to be moved on this summer.
Click to play
Tap to play
The video will start in8Cancel
However, Dortmund Chief Executive Hans-Joachim Watzke has re-asserted the club’s desire to retain Sancho, “Even before the coronavirus outbreak, we said that we prefer that Jadon stays with us.”
Watzke did however admit the club would always respect the player’s wishes, leaving the door open for a summer switch to the Bridge.
Gilmour is Jorginho replacement
Speculation over Jorginho’s future has been rife ever since Maurizio Sarri’s departure from Chelsea.
The naturalised Italian international was a favourite of Sarri’s but has come under criticism for his role in Frank Lampard’s Chelsea setup this season.
Reassuringly, Chelsea do appear to have a ready-made replacement for the deep-lying playmaker in Scottish teenager Billy Gilmour, according to Oliver Harbord. The 18-year-old recently made his Premier League debut for the Blues, impressing against Everton.
Chelsea during the break
“We’ve had a few of the young players come through this year, and that has given me great pleasure, as they are great to work with. They want to come in, they want to learn, and they’re like sponges,” Lampard told Sky Sports.
Chelsea to stay away from Onana
Cameroonian goalkeeper André Onana has previously described the Premier League as an attractive league to play in.
This month’s FourFourTwo features the…