Manchester United legend Rio Ferdinand has advised his former side to sign Arsenal target Thomas Partey in the next transfer window.
Furthermore, he has talked up a move to Old Trafford for Jadon Sancho who is also on the radar of Chelsea.
The Gunners have been heavily linked with a move for Partey, who is currently locked in contract negotiations with Atletico Madrid.
Click to play
Tap to play
The video will start in8Cancel
The La Liga side are keen to increase his release clause, currently set at £42m, a fee that Arsenal are said to be prepared to match to bolster Mikel Arteta’s squad.
Meanwhile, Frank Lampard’s revolution at Stamford Bridge has prompted strong links to Sancho who was enjoying a fine season at Borussia Dortmund prior to football being suspended.
However, both London clubs could face competition in the market from a Premier League rival if Ferdinand’s advice is taken into consideration by United.
“I’d definitely buy Sancho. Can you imagine Sancho in that team? He draws two or three players to him and [Marcus] Rashford’s playing one-v-one? Oh God, it’s over,” he told The Beautiful Game Podcast.
Coronavirus is having an impact across sport in Europe, with football league schedules suspended in several countries, including in England, Spain and Italy. But what happens next?
– The Champions League and Europa League have been suspended, and UEFA have confirmed details on what could happen next.
– The Premier League clubs have also met to discuss the way forward and how to end the season.
– Other leagues across Europe are also currently suspended, but some are at different stages of planning for the return of football.
– Decisions have been made regarding the National League and other non-league football.
– We asked the fans what they want to see happen, following the suspension of football in the Premier League. Here’s what they said.
“I would maybe go and…