Here are your Chelsea morning headlines for Tuesday, May 12.
Pulisic ready to make Blues return
Chelsea winger Christian Pulisic admits he should have taken the tendon injury he suffered in January more seriously but insists he is fit and ready to return when the Premier League campaign resumes.
The USA international has been ruled out since the New Year’s Day draw with Brighton & Hove Albion and accepts that is partly because he tried to rush his recovery.
“I didn’t take it as seriously as I think I should have,” he told Sky Sports News. “It was one of those you felt you could do a lot of things but you try to push it that one extra step and realise it’s not ready yet.”
Football’s suspension has given Pulisic an opportunity to fully recover. And after spending time with his family in his native Pennsylvania during lockdown, the 21-year-old has returned to London and is hopeful the Premier League can soon restart.
Click to play
Tap to play
The video will start in8Cancel
He said: “In times like these it’s nice to be able to spend time with family, finding shows to watch, playing video games and being able to work out.
“We’re training, following all the government guidelines and hopefully we’re back playing soon.”
Conte: It was a privilege to coach Terry
Former Chelsea head coach Antonio Conte says John Terry was instrumental in helping him guide the Blues to the 2016/17 Premier League title.
Terry started that campaign as a regular under Conte but once the Italian switched to a back three, the Blues legend made only two starts in the top flight, both of which came after the title had been won.
However, Conte insists Terry’s influence within the dressing room was a vital reason as to why Chelsea secured top spot.
“It was a great privilege for me to be the coach of a Chelsea legend like John Terry,” Conte told …