Chelsea manager Frank Lampard has revealed he is looking to make additions to his squad this summer as Philippe Coutinho and Jadon Sancho continue to be linked with a move to Stamford Bridge.
The Blues were under a transfer embargo when Lampard first took charge at the Blues, while they opted not to make any signings in January.
However, this summer looks to be a different story in west London, with Chelsea regularly being linked with several high-profile signings.
Two of the main players that continue to be tipped for a move to Stamford Bridge are Philippe Coutinho and Jadon Sancho, who are both currently out in the Bundesliga.
Chelsea boss Frank Lampard must be concerned ahead of the transfer window
And Lampard has hinted that a big-money move could well be on the cards this summer.
“I’m certainly excited about the squad we’ve got, with the young players and if we can get a few additions for areas I feel we need,” Lampard told the Chelsea magazine.
“We didn’t bring in anyone in January, it didn’t work out to be right for us at the time, and last summer we couldn’t bring anyone in, so those windows are gone and we haven’t changed.
Soccer Football – Bundesliga – Borussia Moenchengladbach v Borussia Dortmund – Borussia-Park, Moenchengladbach, Germany – March 7, 2020 Borussia Dortmund’s Jadon Sancho reacts after a missed chance REUTERS/Wolfgang Rattay DFL regulations prohibit any use of photographs as image sequences and/or quasi-video
“So I am excited about the squad we’ve got, if we can freshen up in the right areas we all know that.”
Blues hero Frank Leboeuf stated last week that Chelsea should opt to sign Bayer Leverkusen wonderkid Kai Havertz over Coutinho.
“I like his maturity on the field, he looks like someone who is 30 and knows exactly what he has to do and when he has to do it,” Leboeuf said.
Philippe Coutinho has spent the season on loan at Bayern…