Porto have been left seething by reports suggesting Chelsea players ‘celebrated’ drawing them in the Champions League quarter-finals – but it is not the first time they have fallen out with an English club.
Last month Porto legend Paulo Futre hit out at the Blues publicly over the reports, which claimed they were delighted to draw his former club in the last eight of Europe’s elite competition.
And ahead of Wednesday night’s first leg out in Seville, Futre has insisted the Portuguese side will make them pay for “humiliating us”.
He said on CMTV: “President Pinto da Costa, sporting father. Chelsea players celebrated this morning when they saw that it’s Futebol Clube do Porto.
Porto legend Paulo Futre recently claimed Chelsea players celebrated drawing them in the Champions League
“They may pass. You may pass. But they have to sweat blood. Blood.
“They celebrated this morning, President. And I played in this house, right? I have tremendous pride and… as soon as I heard this, my mother, what I’d give, President.
“As in Kiev, I’d die in Kiev. I’d die in Vienna if necessary, on the pitch.
“Because they touched us in pride, they humiliated us. They thought they were going to win, and they lost.
Futre says his former club will make the Blues pay when they meet in the quarter-finals
“And now these guys are going to lose. The English. Serginho, come on!”
Porto defender Pepe has also weighed in on the controversy, insisting that Chelsea know they will still have their work cut out regardless of their reported celebrations.
“It was public that Chelsea players celebrated the draw. But they also know that it will be a difficult game,’ the former Real Madrid centre-back told TNT Sports.
Porto defender Pepe has also weighed in on the controversy
Top trending sport stories right now
“They know that we are a humble, hard-working, supportive team. In the…